Therefore, we expect that all pupils will:
• attend school every day and strive for 100% school attendance.
• attend school punctually
• attend appropriately prepared for the day
• tell their class teacher or the school office about any problems that may affect their school
If a child attends for 90% of the time, they miss half a day a week. Over a year this adds up to 4 weeks
of learning. Over 7 years (reception to Year 6) it adds up to over 70% of a year.
It is therefore important that parents and carers support our drive for high attendance by:
• ensure regular school attendance.
• ensure that their child arrives at school punctually and prepared for the school day.
• ensure that they contact the school daily about absence, whenever their child is unable to
attend school. If possible, (e.g. if you child has a hospital appointment), please let us know in
• contact school promptly whenever any problem occurs that may keep their child away from
• notify the school of any home circumstances that might affect the behaviour and learning of
• notify school immediately of any changes to contact details.
East Crompton St George’s CE Primary School is proud to be part of the Cranmer Education Trust
Cranmer Education Trust is a company limited by guarantee and an exempt charity. Company registration number: 07687709. Registered Office: Cranmer Education Trust, c/o The Blue Coat School, Egerton Street, Oldham OL1 3SQ